This page has moved to a new address.

Sponsor Profile - Sheeps Clothing

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Sponsor Profile - Sheeps Clothing

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Monday 30 May 2011

Sponsor Profile - Sheeps Clothing

Brrr! It's really starting to get chilly down here in Melbourne and even though I'm more of a summer time girl, there is something so comforting about layering up in beautiful hand knits to keep the chill at bay.
I'm a terrible knitter, so I really envy the amazing skills of Stacey Murray of Sheeps Clothing. Stacey is a passionate and prolific knitter, so much so that she has been known to knit in the dark at the cinema!
Stacey was inspired to start Sheeps Clothing in 2007 after she struggled to find high quality woolen knits for her own boys.
Initially a children’s range, the label has expanded to include adult hats, scarves and scarflettes and really popular mug cozies.
As a lover of vintage buttons myself, I love that Stacey produces a range of vintage button hair accessories and brooches as well as featuring beautiful vintage buttons in her knitted products.
(She has a secret button supplier and won't spill the beans *shakes fist*)

Every item is lovingly hand knit by Stacey here in Melbourne from 100% pure Australian wool.

Have you always wanted to learn to knit?
Stacey is passionate about teaching people young and old to knit and has been teaching knitting at a local primary school for the past couple of years. Courses are planned for 2011 through Melbourne’s Holmesglen College of TAFE. Please visit their
website for
booking details.

I was considering doing a class but they'd probably kick me out for swearing too much...
Check out Sheeps Clothing's beautiful website and online shop.
Oh and I should mention Stacey has a ripping sense of humor, I've been reading her blog for years and often enjoy a little chuckle...some good recipes on there too.

Don't forget to like the facebook page


Thanks to Sheeps Clothing for Sponsoring the blog this month, it was a real pleasure to share their story with you.

Labels: ,