This page has moved to a new address.

Have You Seen My Puppy? Day at the Zoo...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Have You Seen My Puppy? Day at the Zoo...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Have You Seen My Puppy? Day at the Zoo...



I picked this adorable book up last week from a new Save the Children Charity shop that has recently opened in Elsternwick...

I love the illustrations circa 1968, the colours are delicious and the style so of it's time. I also like that the boy's name is Jody, not really a common boys name any more. I thought it was appropriate to share since we had a visit to the Zoo only yesterday.
Luckily zoo enclosures have improved since the 60's with the animals having a bit more room to move than the illustrations in the book, although most looked a little bored sadly.

I sort of have mixed feelings when i visit zoos. I love that they raise awareness about conservation and help preserve endangered species, but also feel for the animals in their fancy, but still too small, enclosures.

Emma was quite excited when she saw a giraffe, according to her they sound like a cross between a sheep and a really loud monster...hehe!
Pictures of elephants sound like elephants, but real elephants sound like monsters too! All in all a nice day out...

If you've found me through Bkids, welcome! I hope you stay a while and visit often...

Save the Children
Kids4Kids
304 Glenhuntly Rd
Elsternwick
Ph: (03) 9523 9832

Have You Seen My Puppy?
ISBN 0 00 138159 8
Author: Adelaide Holl
Illustrator: Joe Veno

Melbourne Zoo

Labels: