This page has moved to a new address.

Sad but Happy...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Sad but Happy...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Thursday 8 April 2010

Sad but Happy...

It is with mixed feelings that I'm announcing the closure of the Caulfield store in June. I've had to do much soul searching and face the reality that as much as i love running the store, it's just not economically viable any more. In an ideal world, finances would not be an issue, but in the real world, working long hours 'for the love of it' and sacrificing time that i could be spending with my family has zapped my energy and creativity.

But don't boo hoo...I'm really quite comfortable and happy with the change and you won't be rid of me really. I'll still have my blogs (I've got 3 now! one is secret unless you follow on twitter) and will be devoting my energies to Poppet in the Post, markets and rural field days.

My friend Estelle commented yesterday that she has seen me go through the 5 stages of loss and now I've reached acceptance. Looking back she's spot on...I can see every stage. Not as terrible as losing a loved one, but when you start a business from scratch, it's your baby and it's hard to move on. I'm sure some of you can relate.

So I'm really excited that I'll be able to devote more time and energy to the online aspect of the business, my millions of half finished projects and of course, Emma...

So I need to shift a heap of clothing because I just won't have room for it all online, so today starts the fabo 3 for 2 SALE, buy 2 garments get another free. You'll have to come into the store or ring for that great offer.
I highly recommend you join the mailing list, follow on twitter or become a facebook fan for other exclusive in-store and online offers that will be popping up regularly.

(image, Birdlady print by Tamara Maguire $42)