This page has moved to a new address.

33 weeks...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: 33 weeks...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Tuesday 10 March 2009

33 weeks...

Sorry, not much blogging of late, it seems to be a cruel joke that just as i have a million things to do, my body is making tasks more awkward and slow...

My Life at the moment consists mainly of (and in no particular order)- Painters, cracks and structural engineers, peeing every 5 minutes, not sleeping, weddings and christenings, trying to remember to eat and feeling guilty of starving the baby because i forget, doctors and doula appointments, finding clothes to fit me, smiling graciously when people tell me how excited i must be feeling (more like a mixture of anxiety and panic at this stage!), trying to make sure the shop is still running smoothly and bills are getting paid, stressing about moving house, panicking that nothing is ready for the baby, leasing agents and crazy neighbours...all whilst every one is telling me to slow down and get some rest!! People, the new (very grotty house) isn't going to clean itself!

And (apart from the above rant) I am a picture of relative calm. But how? You ask...I sew. Pants and dresses, tops and booties, mainly for the shop, some things for the baby, sort of the only thing I feel i have control of at the moment.
Have quite ambitiously started single handedly producing the My Poppet summer 09/10 collection. Gee, I am loosing it! You'll get a sneak peek as thing progress, hopefully I'll get more than a handful or garments together.

In the mean time here is the new shop window...


And 'How to wear' the My Poppet Jungle Silhouette dress as the weather gets cooler - top and leggings by Nanoou